6x Serial Ports PC
A Face Module for RS232 / RS485 / RS422 operation
At Tiny Green PC, we deliver long term computing solutions for B2B companies across Europe thanks to our flexible, configurable and expandable portfolio of compact PCs, developed for the most challenging environments and designed to address anything from standard to complex needs.
With this FM-SER Face Module, you can get 6 full serial ports supporting RS232 / RS485 / RS422 operation as well as 2 RJ-45 jacks functioning as an isolated Controller Area Network (CAN) bus as shown on the block diagram below.
6 serial ports for Instrumentation & Automation
We recommend the 6 serial ports face module for instrumentation and automation, to connect devices such as printers, ticket machines, industrial scales, automates or modems.
6 serial Face Module specifications
- 3x dual RJ11 jacks functioning as RS2322, as half/full-duplex RS485 or RS422 serial ports.
- RS485 half-duplex mode requires special HW/SW adaptation
- High performance UARTS Asynchronous baud rates up to 15Mbps
- 128-byte deep TX/RX FIFOs
- Advanced FIFO fill management
- Programmable RS485 turn-around delay
- Isolated PHY with rated isolation voltage of 2.5 kV RMS
Face Module Hardware
The 6 serial face module uses an UART Bridge PLX OXPCIe958 Controller:
- Eight 128-byte transmit and receive FIFO unit,
- Integrated DMA controller,
- Asynchronous data rate of up to 15.625 Mbps
The face module uses 3 LTC2872 Dual Multiprotocol Transceiver:
- The three dual transceivers on board the FM-SER provide 6 multiprotocol serial ports
- Implementation of physical layer (PHY) of RS232 or RS485 serial protocol ports
- Up to 500kbps data rate from UART to RS232 and up to 15 Mbps data rate to full duplex RS485
- Supports RS422 and half duplex RS485 protocols
- Integrated termination resistors are being switched according to mode of operation
- Loopback mode for self-testing
Get started today!
This face module is available on the Intense PC2 Haswell and Intense PC2 Broadwell. There’s a 4 week lead time. Get started with your project today: tell us your requirements and our team will come back to you shortly.